If you want to study at the University of Dundee but find yourself financially incapacitated, then this Dundee scholarship is for you. There are several scholarship awards for international students at the University.
In this article, we will discuss the available degree scholarships at the University of Dundee. The eligibility criteria, how to apply, and everything you need to know about Dundee scholarships at the University.
About The University of Dundee Scholarships
The University of Dundee is a Scottish public research university located in Dundee. It became a university college in 1881.
For most of its early history, the institution was a constituent college of the University of St Andrews, alongside United College and St Mary’s College, both of which were located in St Andrews. The University of Dundee became an independent university by royal charter in 1967 after it gained significant expansion.
Their mission is to transform lives at the local and global levels by creating and sharing valuable knowledge. The University of Dundee received due recognition as the worldwide center of excellence for Life Sciences and Medicine in the latest QS World Rankings by Subject 2022.
In the Times Higher Education 2023, the University sits at number 242nd in the world, 29th in the UK, and 4th in Scotland. They owe their high ranking to the University’s rich learning facilities, including a state-of-the-art library where researchers can broaden their knowledge horizon.
RECOMMENDED: GREAT Scholarships to Study in the UK
Dundee is a great city to live, work and study, having many job opportunities. This is another advantage the students of the University of Dundee enjoy.
The city is immigration-friendly. Dundee has enjoyed redevelopment over the past years, dramatically increasing its employment rate.The University of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship For International Students 2023
The scholarship is open to students who want to study at the University at the commencement of the September 2023 academic year. The scholarship includes both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
What is The Value of The Dundee Scholarships?
The scholarship is worth £6,000. It covers the tuition fees of the awardees.
Eligibility Requirements For Dundee Scholarships Application
The University of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship is open to international students from all world countries.
The eligibility requirements for application include the following:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must have been given admission to study any full-time undergraduate course, excluding courses in the School of Medicine or Dentistry. The period of study must be 120 credits.
- Postgraduate applicants must hold an admission offer to study any 180 credits course excluding PGDip in Professional Legal Practice.
- Applicants should have an international fee-paying status determined by the University of Dundee.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a UK BBB A-level or its equivalent, while postgraduates must have a UK 1st Class degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must not be studying a Ph.D. course.
- The course the applicant holds admission should have a tuition fee of £19,600 or above.
How to Apply for Dundee Scholarships
The University scholarship team will assess the information submitted and award the scholarships at their discretion.
Visit the website to apply.
Deadline For Application for Dundee Scholarships
The deadline for the application is Thursday, 31st August 2023, by 23:59 UK time. You should make sure you submit all academic transcripts before this deadline.
Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarship (September 2023)
The Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarship is an annual degree program organized by the University of Dundee. It is precisely for African students both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The University of Dundee grants a sum of £5000 to £25000 per year to scholars living in Africa. The University believes in the great minds of Africans and seeks to equip young and bright Africans with the knowledge to improve their countries.
Nationality of Applicants
Application for the Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarship is open to scholars from the following African countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Democratic Republic), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria For The Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarship
The following are the eligibility requirements for the Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarship:
- Applicant must have received an offer to study a full-time course, campus course at the University of Dundee, slated to commence in September 2023. Exclusions include courses from the School of Medicine or Dentistry for undergraduate programs and PGDip in Professional Legal Practice for postgraduate.
- Note that undergraduate courses must be 120 credits and postgraduate 180 credits.
- The scholarship also covers Masters of Research (MRes) and Masters by Research Courses.
- Applicants must hold an international fee status determined by the University of Dundee.
- Applicants must be Africans of descent residents in any of the eligible African countries listed above.
How to Apply For The Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarship 2023.
You don’t need to apply for the scholarship. However, you must submit all academic transcripts on the portal for the scholarship.
The University Admissions team accesses your application via your submitted personal information and transcripts.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1. How soon is too soon to apply for scholarships? You should begin to search for scholarship opportunities early, especially if you are in your final year of high school.
#2. What happens if I miss the deadline for a scholarship application? Scholarship applications, once past the specified deadline, become invalid.
#3. How long does immigration approval take? Immigration approval in the UK can take up to twelve weeks.
The University of Dundee accounts for a large chunk of immigration into the city. The University shows 100% commitment to imparting knowledge to individuals, including international students who may not be able to afford the costs of furthering their education.
We have shown you two of their scholarship programs. You can take advantage of these opportunities to fulfill your academic dreams.